parallax background

Road Accident Funds Claims

Accidents happen quickly and unexpectedly

Let us help youGet your life back on track

At PBK Attorneys, we pride ourselves in providing clients with comprehensive legal advice. Our Managing Director and resident expert in Road Accident Fund claims, Pierre Kitching, has a 100% success rate in respect of claims against the Road Accident Fund. With over 15 years’ experience in road accident fund claims, previously known as motor vehicle accident claims; PBK Attorneys has built a reputation for superiority and excellence within this field of law.

We pride ourselves in appointing top medical, forensic, occupational and actuarial experts resulting in high settlements for our clients.

parallax background

Compulsory CoverWhat is the Road Accident Fund(RAF)?

The Road Accident Fund provides compulsory cover to South African citizens and foreigners who have been negatively affected in a motor vehicle accident. Personal Insurance is offered to victims or their families involved in a car accident, where Indemnity Cover is provided to persons who may have caused the incident.

The Road Accident Fund is funded through a percentage of diesel and petrol purchases made in South Africa. This is then used to compensate those who have been harmed in motor vehicle incidents on South African roads.

parallax background

Involved in an accident?Who can claim from the Road Accident Fund?

In the event of being injured in a motor vehicle or road accident on South African roads, you will be able to claim from the Road Accident Fund (RAF). This refers to those driving light motor vehicles, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, passenger vehicles, as well as pedestrians and passengers who are South Africa citizens or Foreign Nationals.
Seriously injured
as a passenger
Driver not
at fault
Loss of the
Loss of an
unborn child
If you match this criteria, you can lodge a claim to be compensated from the Road Accident Fund for damages incurred.
parallax background

CoverageWhat does the Road Accident Fund cover?

If you are a South African citizen or Foreign National and have been injured in a road accident you will be able to claim for the following:

  • Medical Expenses incurred due to treatment related to the incident
  • Loss of income while recuperating from injuries
  • General damages such as pain and suffering incurred due to the incident
  • Loss of support and funeral expenses in the event of the family breadwinner being killed in a road accident.
parallax background

Good to knowWhat does the Road Accident Fund not cover?

You cannot claim for damages to your vehicle or any other material damages or losses you may have incurred during the incident. For these damages, a claim has to be placed directly through the driver or the driver’s insurance provider.